Chicago traded their No. 20 pick in tonight’s draft to the NY Jets in return for the No. 23 and No. 86 picks
🏈Bears: Chicago traded their No. 20 pick in tonight’s draft to the NY Jets in return for the No. 23 and No. 86 picks. Many think that da Bears aren’t done trading yet, and if a player they’re interested in — say, a quarterback like — drops to a tradeable range, they’ll pounce.
- Otherwise, if the Bears stay at No. 23, we anticipate they’ll take a wide receiver (WR) like Minnesota’s . Chicago needs both a star QB and a talented WR, so we’ll take either one.
⚽️Soccer: The Loyola women’s soccer team lost to the Denver Pioneers in the first round of the NCAA tournament on Tuesday. Despite the loss, we’re excited that midfielder Abby Swanson’s goal marked the Ramblers’ first in their six NCAA tournament appearances. Call that herstory.
- On the professional side, the Red Stars closed out the Challenge Cup with a loss to the OL Reign on Tuesday. While Chicago out-shot their opponents throughout the tournament, they struggled to find the back of the net and finished without a win. Sigh.
🔢 Box scores:
- ⚾️The Cubs were blown out 10–0 in an Atlanta Braves beatdown last night. Sheesh. At least they with it.
- 🏀The Bulls also played last night, falling 113–94 to the hot-hot-hot New York Knicks. They’ll return to the court on Friday at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT to face the No. 3-in-the-East Milwaukee Bucks.
- ⚾️The White Sox lost 5–2 to the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday, and last night’s rematch was rescheduled to tonight’s doubleheader starting at 5:10 p.m. ET/4:10 p.m. CT.
- 🏒The Blackhawks lost 7–4 to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday and will return to the ice tonight against another Sunshine State team, the Florida Panthers, at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT.