NFL Week 12: Triple the action, triple the fun
Usually the only Thanksgiving guarantee is my Uncle Carl falling asleep before dessert, but this year, FanDuel’s introduced a guarantee of their own.
- New users who place their first $5 wager before Friday at midnight will score $125 in free (!!!) bets.
- That means you can place a $5 bet today, and score $125 to bet on the NFL, the NBA, women’s college basketball, the men’s FIFA World Cup, etc. whenever you want. What are you waiting for?
After taking last week off to reset my strategy, you know I couldn’t miss today’s football feast, so I’m back with some more picks.
- And in true Thanksgiving fashion, I’m coming in hot with a full-course meal: one point spread, one total and one prop bet. Gobble, gobble.
First up in today’s tripleheader, the Detroit Lions take the field at 12:30 p.m. ET for their — get this — 82nd Thanksgiving day game.
- They’ll be in tough against an explosive Buffalo Bills offense that is second in the league in points per game.
- Nonetheless, the 9.5 point spread (with bookmakers predicting a Bills win of 10 or more points) feels just a tad too high, so I’m taking the Lions to keep this one close.
Like the ultimate turkey, gravy and stuffing combo, I’m pairing that selection with two other bets today.
- The Dallas Cowboys are coming off a Week 11 blowout where they put up 40 points (!!!) against the supposed-to-be very good Minnesota Vikings. So because rooting for a high-scoring game is just more fun, I’m taking the over on total points (45.5) in today’s 4:30 p.m. ET Cowboys vs. NY Giants tilt.
- That brings us to the primetime battle at 8:20 p.m. ET, where my money is on Vikes’ running back Dalvin Cook to punch in a touchdown against the New England Patriots, a feat he’s already achieved six times this season. On a day when good food is top of mind, it’s time to let Dalvin, ahem, Cook.