NFL Week 10: Who let the underdogs out
The best part about the NFL is its complete and utter unpredictability. Even the best in the sports betting biz have off-weeks, and boy was Week 9 tough.
- That’s because seven underdogs , including four who won their games outright: the NY Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Detroit Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars.
- The biggest surprise came when the Jets, a 10.5-point underdog, took down the Buffalo Bills, a top Super Bowl pick among fans and experts alike.
The key, of course, is determining which underdogs to choose.
- First up: the Seahawks, who are three-point ‘dogs (+3) to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for their bright and early 9:30 a.m. ET game in Munich, Germany.
- Seattle quarterback (QB) Geno Smith is unexpectedly playing himself into the MVP conversation, leading his team to a 6–3 record. And while we often know better than to , the Bucs have looked somewhere between Fine and terrible all season.
I’m pairing this pick with two other dark horses, the Jaguars (+9.5) and Pittsburgh Steelers (+1.5).
- The Jags will be in tough this week against the Kansas City Chiefs, but I’m expecting them to keep it closer than 9.5 points. This one’s for Florida Man, .
- Steelers rookie QB Kenny Pickett and coach Mike Tomlin should finally hit their groove coming out of a bye week. Team bonding is always a good bet.