NFL Divisional Round: The kids are alright
- And all eight squads are all led by quarterbacks (QBs) under the age of 30, with 23-year-old Jacksonville Jaguar Trevor Lawrence as the youngest and 29-year-old Dallas Cowboy Dak Prescott about to cross the threshold.
- Gone are the familiar playoff faces of Aaron Rodgers and . The next gen has arrived, and the kids are alright.
Speaking of familiar faces, retired legendary tight end Rob Gronkowski will be making a return to the Super Bowl for FanDuel’s , a live commercial in the third quarter where Gronk will attempt to hit a 25-yard field goal.
- But here’s the (literal) kicker: If Gronk converts, qualified FanDuel users will split . Just on the Super Bowl between now and the start of the game on February 12th to get in on the action.
Wondering who to bet on? The Kansas City Chiefs remain FanDuel’s odds-on favorite to win the title (+300 at time of writing, or a 25% chance of winning) followed closely by the Buffalo Bills (+330, or about a 23% chance of winning).
But I’m getting ahead of myself. There’s still a lot of playoff football to be played before the Super Bowl, and I have my eye on the AFC matchups.
Jaguars vs. Kansas City, today at 4:30 p.m. ET: This is KC’s first playoff appearance this year after their conference-leading regular season performance snagged them a first round bye.
- Since QB Patrick Mahomes took the helm, KC has never lost their postseason opener, winning by . Sheesh. With FanDuel’s set at -8.5 at time of writing, they’d need to win by 9 or more for my bet on KC to payout.
- The Jags, meanwhile, are likely still riding the high of their in NFL playoff history, defeating the LA Chargers 31–30 last Saturday, but I have a feeling the
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Bills, Sunday at 3 p.m ET: The game of the weekend and the rematch we’ve all been waiting for after their Week 17 meeting was (rightfully) canceled when Bills’ Damar Hamlin during the game.
- I’m expecting a shootout between these star QBs, Bengals’ Joe Burrow and Bills’ Josh Allen. FanDuel offers the ability to bet on each player to throw for over 1.5 TDs or you can together to increase the possible payout. High risk, high reward.
One last thing — I want to hear from you! Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl? Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?