Sports betting FAQs
How do odds work?
What’s a betting line?
- If the Toronto Raptors are favored by 4 points over the Brooklyn Nets, the line would be:
- Raptors -4
- Nets +4
How does sports betting differ between sports?
- Each sport has its own rules and nuances. For example, a draw happens fairly often in soccer, so it’s a common betting option. However, it’s not available in sports like tennis or golf where there has to be a winner.
Can I bet with friends or compete against them?
- But of course, you can always fire up the BFF group chat to talk about what you’re betting on that night. Or even better, meet us in !
How do I bet smart?
Ah, the million dollar question. Here’s the real tea. Even the BEST in the sports gambling biz only predict it right 50–60% of the time. Factor in the juice and avid sports bettors aren’t making as much money as they’d like you to believe.
- That said, there’s huge value in doing your research and paying attention to trends, player injuries, weather (seriously!) and other factors that could affect the game.
What’s a bankroll?
A bankroll is the money you can afford to lose on gambling. Everyone wants to win, but the reality of the situation is that you will win some and lose some — it’s the beauty of sports! Professional gamblers recommend setting a personal bankroll and never exceeding that limit.
How much should I bet?
- On most sports gambling sites, you can bet as little as a few cents, so it’s totally okay to start small and work your way up to bigger bets as your confidence grows. Always .
What’s the best sport to bet on?
To us, the best sport to bet on is the one you enjoy watching the most.
Should I be concerned about gambling addiction?
Like most things in life, sports gambling should be enjoyed in moderation. While some make a career out of gambling, many are just looking for a little extra reason to cheer on the home team or watch a game.
- In sports, we often celebrate the unexpected — the Cinderella stories, the underdogs, the unlikely heroes. But for every winner, there’s a loser. It’s important to remember that and just have fun along the way.
- Friend of The GIST Dom Luszczyszyn, best known for his fantasy hockey and sports betting , wrote of the highs and lows of being an avid sports gambler.