Title: Operations Associate
is a female-founded startup that is all about leveling the playing field. We create sports content, experiences and community that are by women and for all sports fans, mainly through our free, localized 3x-weekly newsletter that gives you “the gist” of what’s going on in the sports world in an authentic, fun and female voice. Our vision is to become the go-to source for sports for underserved fans.
Want to join our team? We hope so. Here’s more on the Operations Associate role:
Role: Full-time, 3-month contract. Intended to extend to full-time employee.
Reports into: Head of Finance, Operations & Growth
Location: Remote. (Head office located in Toronto, Canada.)
- Tracking performance across key metrics, performing analysis and extracting insights to help us make stronger, more data-driven decisions.
- Driving audience growth by leading or supporting growth across a number of channels.
- Supporting, improving on and automating operations across the content, growth and revenue areas of the business.
- Tracking key performance metrics across the business and performing analysis to support growth, content, revenue and other business decisions.
- Working across The GIST’s various growth, content and technology operations platforms to support content delivery, growth initiatives and revenue generation.
- Contributing to and improving on our team’s data analytics function in order to drive valuable insights for content, growth and revenue.
- Supporting various accounting and finance functions, such as budgeting, financial planning, receivables and payments.
- Collaborating with team members by providing ideas on how to continually improve operational processes.
- Supporting our Head of Finance, Operations & Growth in other projects and tasks as they arise.
- Collaborating with team members to successfully execute and track metrics and performance of marketing channels, campaigns and cohorts.
- Building, nurturing and growing promotional partnerships on behalf of the GIST to align with our brand, audience, and campaigns.
- Creating and implementing tests for funnel optimization.
- Helping to identify and implement new and innovative ways to nurture and retain audiences across their lifecycle.
- Owning and optimizing our referral program.
- Managing our intern team on various growth and operations initiatives.
- Proficiency in excel is required.
- Undergraduate degree
- Business degree is considered an asset.
- Experience in consulting, accounting, finance or business analysis is an asset.
- Experience in SQL or other data analytics languages or platforms is an asset.
- You’re a very analytical person. You enjoy working with numbers and data and using them to make better decisions.
- You’re a quick and resourceful learner who can thrive in a fast-paced, evolving startup environment.
- You’re a great problem solver. You enjoy thinking creatively to come up with solutions to problems.
- You’re detail-oriented and extremely organized. There’s nothing getting by you.
- You’re a strong communicator, both orally and in written form. You enjoy building relationships with people, both internally and external to the organization.
- You take ownership over your work and strive for excellence.
- You’re able to prioritize and multitask.
- You’re excited to learn, grow and sometimes extend beyond your comfort zone.
- You value hard-work and team work.
- You have a great attitude and are passionate about leveling the playing field.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a female-founded, hard-working, growing and fun team that is looking to level the playing field in the sports industry.
- An opportunity to work across all functions of The GIST.
- An opportunity to grow your role with The GIST.
- An opportunity to report into and learn directly from our Head of Finance, Ops & Growth.
- Competitive wage and vacation.
Picking up what we’re putting down? Here’s what’s next:
- Your one-page resume
Answers to the following two questions (200 words max/question):
- What unique experience do you have that makes you competent for this role?
- Why do you want to work for The GIST?
- Tell us about any specific finance, operations or growth experience you have.
Applications are due Friday, July 16th at 11:59 p.m. ET. Successful candidates will be made aware of the next steps.