Ready to help scale The GIST’s impact across North America? The GIST is looking for a Growth Marketing Associate to help us take things to the next level.
As a Growth Marketing Associate, you will be optimizing existing channels and leading new channel experimentation for core GIST products (newsletter, podcast and social media channels) and new content channels and verticals. Your efforts will be critical to delivering on our growth targets at The GIST.
is a women-founded startup that creates sports content, experiences and community that are by women and for all sports fans, mainly through our free, localized 4x-weekly newsletter, daily social media and twice-weekly podcast. The GIST will be expanding into two new content verticals in 2022.
Our vision is to become the go-to source for sports for underserved fans.
Since launching across North America in September 2019, our community has grown to over 500,000 GISTers, we have worked with brands like the NBA, FanDuel and Under Armour, and our co-founding team was named to .
Want to join our team? We hope so. Here’s more on the Growth Marketing Associate role:
Role: Full-time, three-month contract with the intention to extend into full-time employee.
Location: Remote. Must be based in North America.
- Execute, optimize and evolve our growth strategy for The GIST newsletter, podcast, social media channels and merchandise.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies and subsequent marketing and audience acquisition for new GIST channels, verticals and locations.
- Research and test new channels to help evolve our growth strategy.
- Planning and executing audience acquisition campaigns across digital growth channels, including but not limited to paid social media, search, newsletter advertising, influencer advertising, contesting and more.
- Collaborating with our content team to develop creative and messaging for use across digital growth channels.
- Building, nurturing and growing cross-promotional partnerships on behalf of the GIST to align with our brand, audience, and campaigns.
- Planning and executing on launch and growth strategies for new content verticals, new channels and new locations.
- Building, launching, owning and optimizing a college ambassador program.
- Planning and executing both offline and online events such as launch parties, webinars, panels, networking and community events.
- Assisting with the development of press releases and outreach to media partners for announcing major business milestones, partnerships and launches.
- Collaborating with our data analytics team to ensure audience growth meets our subscriber quality and ROI targets.
- Identifying new channel opportunities that will drive new newsletter subscribers at an efficient cost, developing the roadmap for experimentation, pitching ideas, project managing initiatives, and identifying ways to improve for future growth tests.
- 2+ years of experience in growth marketing, marketing or growing an audience.
- University or College degree is Business or Marketing preferred.
- Experience with paid user acquisition, marketing technologies, automation and platforms, SEO, SEM, and marketing funnels is a plus.
- Experience working in a high growth startup or equally fast paced environment is a plus.
- You’re detail-oriented and extremely organized. There’s nothing getting by you.
- You’re a strong communicator, both orally and in written form. You enjoy building relationships with people, both internally and external to the organization.
- You take ownership over your work and strive for excellence.
- You are results-oriented and not afraid to leverage insights and data to inform decisions
- You love project management.
- You are comfortable project managing your peers as well as your managers.
- You understand the steps and timelines required to reach a goal or target.
- You’re a genuine, empathetic, humble, and kind team player and cross-functional collaborator.
- You’re relentlessly resourceful and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and solving hard problems.
- You have a great attitude and are passionate about leveling the playing field.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a women-founded and run, hard-working, growing and fun team that is changing the sports industry
- Competitive compensation package and vacation
- An opportunity to grow with The GIST
- Flexible hours
Picking up what we’re putting down? Here’s what’s next:
- Your one-page resume
- In the body of the email, let us know:
- What unique experience you have that makes you the best candidate for this role.
- How would you acquire more newsletter subscribers at The GIST?
Successful candidates will be made aware of the next steps.