The Digital Copywriter responsible for developing a wide range of marketing copy for the Ottawa REDBLACKS and Ottawa 67’s social & digital channels, as well as ancillary brands including the Team Shop, TD Place, Ottawa Christmas Market and Lansdowne. This involves working closely with the Brand & Content Manager to maintain a consistent, modern and high-quality copy style across each unique digital channel.
What you’ll do:
- Create culture-driving, business-building, big brand work in every medium, from websites, to targeted social and email campaigns;
- Develop, draft, and edit short- and long-form content including infographics, emails, blogs, social media posts, video scripts, print, and digital ads;
- Develop an understanding for brand-specific tone & voice;
- Create copy for social and digital needs;
- Collaborating with the merchandise department on content and copy for our e-commerce needs;
- Developing well-branded, clear, and SEO-focused content and copy for our main web pages. Understand principles of writing for the web, including search engine optimization and search engine marketing;
- Participating in brainstorming, planning, and project update meetings with internal team members;
- Working towards daily, weekly, monthly KPIs;
- Proactively identify opportunities to tap into or incorporate the latest trends in the sports industry & pop culture, and identifying execution approaches;
- Develop content strategies and plans; assist in establishing positioning statements and messaging strategies for marketing campaigns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possesses a deep understanding of social platforms and algorithms that affect day-to-day publishing and content strategy including how to optimize content;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and WordPress;
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills, a strong handle of grammar, punctuation and voice;
- Proficiency to work in both English & French;
- Ability to research current industry standards and best practices;
- Ability to generate campaign concepts and ideas;
- Must be able to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to work on a deadline, handling multiple tasks at once with great attention to detail;
- A passion for creativity, writing and sports.
OSEG operates the largest professional multi-sport business in Ottawa, operating the Ottawa REDBLACKS, and Ottawa 67’s, while hosting basketball, soccer, live events, concerts, festivals and year-round community activities.
Our employees are empowered to make sure our customers and fans keep coming back – it is our secret sauce that sets our events and our venue apart. To do that OSEG fosters a culture that values respect, teamwork, hustle and humour. We offer a competitive total rewards package, unique entertainment and fitness perks, an unbeatable location on the canal in the heart of the Glebe and a backstage pass to one of Ottawa’s busiest sports and entertainment hubs.
TD Place is an advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion and invites and encourages all candidates to apply for this role, including women, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities. Additionally, we are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Please note this role will require interacting with the public, including in crowded spaces. TD Place, as one of Canada's Safest Employers, is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all employees and guests. We require, as a condition of employment, that you receive a full dose of the COVID-19 vaccination (subject to applicable exceptions).
We acknowledge the time and effort that is required to apply and thank all applicants for their interest. Depending on volume, we may only be able to respond to those who demonstrate within their application that they meet the requirements of the role.
Interested? Please visit our application page here.
Applications are due November 30, 2021. Good luck!